Why travel insurance?
With 80% of American adults take an overnight trip 100 miles or more away from home at least once a year and our aging baby-boomer population, death of individuals, while away from home, is increasing at an alarming rate. The cost for transporting a loved one from anywhere in the world can easily run from $1,500 to well over $15,000.
Benefits of Travel Insurance
Here are just a few of the benefits of travel insurance:
- Help find local, licensed funeral home or Mortuary to care for the deceased.
- Arranging for the transportation of the deceased to the selected, licensed funeral home or Mortuary.
- Close involvement with a selected, licensed receiving funeral home or Mortuary.
MASA Transport & Relocation Solutions (MASA TRS) is the national business division and brand of MASA Global that provides complete repatriation coverage of human mortal remains to the pre-need funeral industry.
The principal product of MASA TRS is the Transportation & Relocation Protection Plan (TRPP) that provides worldwide coverage for pre-need funeral, crematory and cemetery consumers when they are more than 75 miles from their home or they have relocated or moved from their legal residence.
MASA TRS is the leading provider for this type of coverage in the funeral industry. Over 600,000 prepaid members.
People purchase pre-need funeral plans to remove the burden of making final arrangements from their family members and loved ones.
- At the time of passing, pre-need families want the convenience and peace of mind knowing that just one telephone call to the funeral home puts their pre-need plan into action and that everything has already been arranged and take care of.
However, the “service area” for a funeral home is extremely limited.
- Typically, the service area in which the funeral home will transfer the deceased is a 25-mile radius from the funeral home.
- Additional distances are then charged to the family PER MILE, ONE WAY (on average, $5 to $6 per mile).
Deaths that occur outside of the funeral home’s service area can cost the family thousands of dollars more or result in no coverage at all.
- What happens if a pre-need customer passes away while traveling or away at a seasonal residence?
- What if the pre-need customer relocates/moves to another city or state miles away from the funeral home where they purchased their pre-need plan or where their burial plot is located?
- Return of mortal remains when you are 75 miles or more away from your legal residence.
- Help find local, licensed funeral home or mortuary to care for the deceased.
- Arranging for the preparation of the deceased for transport including embalming and cremation.
- Close involvement with a selected, licensed receiving funeral home or mortuary to make sure your wishes are fulfilled.
- Arranging for the transportation of the deceased to the selected licensed funeral home or mortuary.
- All documents including customs documents or diplomatic issues involved anywhere in the world.
- Rigorous management of all cases to ensure the highest quality of services.
- Set procedures for the time of need so there will be no added stress due to any uncertainty about what to do.
- Access to trends, recommendations, or warnings regarding travel.
- No claim forms, no deductibles, no age limits, no health questions.
GUARANTEED issue with No transport dollar limits!
Death of Member
In the event Member is traveling anywhere in the world and the death of Member occurs outside of the Service Area, MASA TRS will provide or arrange for certain services (see Member Service Agreement) at no additional costs to Member.
“Service Area” means a 75 miles radius of Member’s Residence stated in the Membership Enrollment Form. In the event of a Relocation, the Service Area is a 75 mile radius of the Member’s new Residence as defined below.
“Member’s Residence” means the place of residence of 180 or more days in the 12 months preceding the date of death:
Requires verification through voter registration, valid driver’s license, and/or other means.
A nursing home will be deemed the residence if the stay there has exceeded 180 days.
In the event Member relocates and Member’s new residence is located within the continental
United States and the death of Member occurs outside of the Service Area, MASA TRS will provide or arrange for certain services (see Member Service Agreement) at no additional costs.